Sincerely, Me



Hello all! I'm Lara Flynn S. Gonzaga, but I prefer being called Flynn. I'm 19 years old and currently residing in Taytay, Rizal. At present, I am a grade 12 graduating Senior High School student studying under iACADEMY's Graphic Illustration program. As of April 2022, I'm a proud intern at Rocketsheep Studios and illustrator for Love, Girls online zine!


Interests and Hobbies


I enjoy art in all of its forms and aspire to try every art form I can! My most distinct artistic hobbies are drawing, make-up, knitting, and crocheting. I also enjoy analyzing artworks for their histories and meanings. I briefly had a passion for musical theatre and music in general, though my unfortunate singing voice made me simply enjoy the art form as a viewer; thankfully, I don't need to sing when I try playing various musical instruments such as the ukulele! My hobbies outside of the arts include cooking for my friends, playing video games, collecting tarot cards and plushies, being out in nature, taking care of succulents, and writing. 


Recently, I've been growing more interested in starting a comic and art book collection, ideally for local artists! I have a small digital collection of video game art books at present, though having a physical copy is still a more satisfying experience. I'm hoping to continue making commission art soon to have more funds for more books!


Background

Bedan Debating Society's 2018 Officer Election; I was pre-appointed!

Prior to studying in iACADEMY, I was a student at San Beda University's Rizal campus for 13 years. While studying there, I developed my deep love for writing and debating which eventually led to me becoming the Head Cartoonist and Literary Editor of the school's Junior High School publication and the President of the Bedan Debating Society (prior to which, I was the P.R.O and a varsity member). Being in both organizations for my entire time in Junior High School made me passionate about discussing politics and news, which contributed to me becoming the JHS unit's COMELEC Chairperson.

I was very HUMSS-oriented, even being part of the Humanities-aligned class in my last year of JHS but my passion for art (in all forms!) was still very prominent throughout the years, leading to me eventually taking up Graphic Illustration in 2019. I decided to join SinLikHay, an org dedicated to the arts, in Grade 11. When the pandemic first hit in 2020, I decided to take a year-long Leave of Absence for my mental health. After this Leave, I resumed my studies and got appointed as the Internal Vice President of SinLikHay, and joined the writing team of BiTAG, a theatre org.


Achievements

I've been able to participate in four debate tournaments since Grade 8; I've debated and mentored in one and adjudicated in two. During Grade 11, I became a finalist in the University of the Philippines-Diliman's Balangay competition under the English Extemporaneous Speech category. My most recent achievement was my PBL group winning the second runner-up place during the previous semester's PBL Expo.


"Another day, a different dream perhaps." - Alice Liddell, Alice: Madness Returns (2011)

Comments